Cruise the Outer Banks on a Bike!
The Outer Banks of North Carolina are a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, and biking is no exception. With miles upon miles of trails winding through the sand dunes, marshlands, and maritime forests of this coastal paradise, OBX delivers something for beginners to experienced cyclists. Whether you’re looking to rent a bike or join an organized ride event, the Outer Banks has it all! Join us as we explore some of the best places to go biking in this amazing region.
Popular Places to Go Biking in Outer Banks
- Corolla: The town of Corolla offers vacationers a ten mile long bike path, perfect for those who want to explore the area on two wheels. You’ll find that the path is just right, ranging from 3 feet to 6 feet in width, leaving you room between passerbyers. Cruise by some of the favorite attractions of Corolla, such as The Whalehead in Historic Corolla and the Outer Banks Center for Wildlife Education.
- Duck: The town of Duck makes biking easy with a 10-mile stretch of paved path that runs straight down HWY 12. Along the path, you’ll find picturesque trees and greenery, along with several shops and restaurants for a bite to eat or quick break to charge up. Take in the natural beauty of Duck on two wheels and soak up some fresh air and beachy views.
- Kitty Hawk: is the perfect town for bicyclists. With a pathway running parallel to HWY 158, enjoy a peaceful ride and take in the sights and sounds of coastal living. For those looking for an extra challenge, make your way over to the Kitty Hawk Coastal Reserve for amazing views of the region’s many habitats. Finally, show your respect and admiration at the Wright Brothers Memorial, pay homage to these incredible innovators who took flight from this very area.
- Nags Head: For the off-road crowd, enjoy a 10+ mile stretch of rugged terrain that makes the perfect adventure. Or if you prefer a peaceful ride, head towards South Nags Head for meandering roads alongside the edge of the ocean – a great opportunity to take in some of North Carolina’s stunning seascapes. Whichever route you choose, good luck and have fun!
- Manteo: Not only does the town provide miles and miles of trails to explore – from backroads navigating charming little neighborhoods to expansive bike paths perfect for a lazy, leisurely ride – there’s plenty of stop-off points along your journey. You can go up and down historic homes, as well as explore local boutique shops, or sample some of the delicious cuisine at Manteo’s many great restaurants. It’s a dream come true for cyclists of all types and skill levels!
Bike Rentals in Outer Banks
The Outer Banks offers so many great options when it comes to renting a bike! You can explore the area on your own or join a guided tour to make the most of your stay. Most of the local vendors are conveniently located near accommodation providers, so you won’t have to go out of your way to get going. Plus, some even offer delivery services, so you can skip any pesky delivery fees and take your bike for a spin right away! With all these different choices available, biking around the Outer Banks has never been more hassle-free.
Gear Up! Book Your Trip Today
As you have learned by reading this article, biking in the Outer Banks is an excellent way to explore this beautiful destination. With miles and miles of trails, from easy paved paths for beginners to rugged off-road terrain for experienced cyclists, you can find something that suits your skill level. And with bike rentals available throughout the area as well as guided tours, it’s easier than ever to get out there and enjoy OBX! So what are you waiting for? Gear up and book your trip today, browse our selection of vacation rentals near all the great biking hot spots.