Southern Shores Vacation Rentals
If you’re looking for a great getaway, Southern Shores in the Outer Banks may be just what you need. This quaint town is located between Duck and Kitty Hawk and offers visitors all the amenities of a larger city without the hustle and bustle. With its 1 mile width and 4 miles length, Southern Shores provides plenty of vacation rental homes with desirable features that are sure to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Whether it’s spending time at the beach or taking advantage of its many dining, shopping, and parks options; this OBX destination has something for everyone!
Things to Do in Southern Shores
No Direct Beach Access, But Near all the Fun
Though Southern Shores doesn’t have direct beach access, it is merely a walk away. Southern Shores is in proximity to a lot of fun things to do like the H2OBX water park (assuming the beach isn’t amusing enough), Oregon Inlet Fishing Center for you anglers, and Soundside Parks. Keep reading below to learn about all the things to experience staying in Southern Shores.
Golf Courses in Southern Shores
Looking to play a challenging round of golf? Check out Duck Woods Country Club, the Outer Banks only full-service country club. This course is always well maintained and has plenty of hazards, even for you scratch golfers out there.
Southern Shores offers some great local shopping and thrifting. This town is really great experience for people looking to shop-local without the large big-box stores.
- Currituck County Rural Center: Off the beaten path, the Currituck Center provides a wonder outdoor experience. Go horseback riding, kayaking, fishing, and even play on the playground to give the little ones a chance to make new friends.
- ArtSpace: Maybe not for the really tiny members of the family, but still an experience for art-lovers. ArtSpace is literally a space dedicated to local artists to show off paintings, pottery, and designer jewelry.
- Sandy Run Park: This is actually one of the more popular family activities in Southern Shores because of the wildlife experience. Imagine feeding hundreds of sea turtles with fish pellets all swimming to say hello. It’s a very cool thing to do for the nature lovers or little ones.
- Southern Shores Pizza & Deli: One of the best authentic pizza places on the Outer Banks that should keep you coming back year-after-year. Pair your pizza with some local brews, hot wings, and finish off the dining experience with outstanding cheesecakes.
- Steamers (Seafood): If you’re looking to get some outstanding fresh seafood with a local-spin on well-known dishes, Steamers is the place to go. Enjoy fresh cooked fish, oysters, lobster, shrimp – you name it, I’m sure Steamers has it.
Book Your Southern Shores Vacation Rental Today!
Southern Shores is the perfect destination for a beach getaway. With its close proximity to all kinds of attractions, dining and shopping options, you won’t be disappointed in what this Outer Banks town has to offer. So don’t wait any longer; book your Southern Shores Vacation Rental today and make memories that will last a lifetime!